Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Robins Tharakan <tharakan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Not sure if many have noticed, but seems like the Planet.PostgreSQL.org Feed parser accepts a foreign post's date / time at face value and thus, if things be this way, we're going to see Alexander Korotkov's empty post for the next few months (till 26th August 2016, to be precise).

Oops.

I've edited the in-place post and set it to march instead of august. That should bump it down the list at the next update.

I've also CCed Alexander on this - Alexander, clearly your blog software is broken wrt date handling.

Probably the feed parser, should cap the post date to (at max) be current date, or something like that.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Will do.

Thanks for noticing and pointing it out!