Re: [DOCS] Update postgresql.org http links to https in docs - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [DOCS] Update postgresql.org http links to https in docs
Date
List pgsql-docs

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> On 21 May 2017, at 03:52, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> Since the website is solely serving pages over https now redirecting all http
>> requests, we should use https to avoid an extra redirect for users.  Attached
>> patch updates the few http links found in various pieces of documentation in
>> the tree.
>
> Agreed, done.

Thanks!

> I see you did not touch http: references in back-branch release notes,
> which is probably fine.

Yes, given that the links do redirect and thus still work it didn’t seem worth
changing there.

That, and we are serving HSTS on the site since quite some time back, so most people won't even go to the server to get the redirect. I think that's perfectly fine.