Re: missing attachment in mails - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: missing attachment in mails
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Le mercredi 29 mai 2013 19:36:46, Stephen Frost a écrit :
>> * Cédric Villemain (cedric@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
>> > I've search another example and found one from Stephen Frost (Sign +
>> > attachment):
>> >
>> > http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20130413030619.GN4361@tamriel.snowma
>> > n.net
>> >
>> > it contains an attachment not visible in the archive.
>>
>> Huh, neat.  Yeah, this is the way mutt handles attachments, etc, and is
>> pretty common (at least, among open source folks :).  We should probably
>> look into figuring out how to support it..
>
> I had no time to have a look at that.
> CF is on its way but the mails linked from CF items don't contain
> attachment...
>
> How can I help fixing that ?

A good start would be to identify exactly when this happens. Not based
on which MUA is used, but based on which types of messages. The first
one on your list (the only one i have time to check right this moment
- boarding a flight) is a multipart/signed containing a
multipart/mixed for example - might it be that the problem lies in
nested multipart or so?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/