Re: Weird delays on pgsql-committers email traffic - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Weird delays on pgsql-committers email traffic
Date
Re: Weird delays on pgsql-committers email traffic  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 5:38 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> For the last day or so, I've been seeing that commit emails suffer
> a noticeable lag, five minutes or more.  Which is weird because
> traffic on other, higher-volume lists is not similarly delayed.
> Maybe it's something in the mechanism generating the mail, rather
> than the fault of the mailing list server proper.

Hi!

Yeah, there is a strange delay since approximately a day ago. It's in
the outbound delivery from the commit messages. We are currently
investigating where it's coming from -- we're seeing similar patterns
from a couple of other hosts. The delay happens before it even hits
the listserver -- that's why regular email sent to the high volume
lists still deliver quickly. It's stuck in a transient delivery queue
for reasons yet not fully figured out.

Thanks for the report!

--
 Magnus Hagander