Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 11/16/16 1:38 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> AFAICT this is because the output is now UTF8 and it used to be LATIN1.
> The current output actually has it in the html tags that it's utf8,but
> since the old one had no tags specifying it's encoding we hardcoded it
> to LATIN1.

The old output has this:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

This has always been the case, AFAICT.

Oh, it's there. It's just not on one line and not at the beginning, so I misssed it :)

Btw., shouldn't the output web site pages have encoding declarations?

That gets sent in the http header, doesn't it?