Re: Patch: New field in frmMain statusbar - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Patch: New field in frmMain statusbar
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> The part that changed is just the one that added db1 and db2, right?

It's the server display name *and* the database name, so to give a
(redacted) example from my machine, I would have:

aws-ap-southeast-1b.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com (aws-ap-southeast-1b.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com:5432):postgres

Which as you can see is quite long.

I thought the point of display names was to have them nice and short :) I've certainly never used displaynames that are that long.

Yes, I totally see with names like that it becomes annoying, and certainly not easy to parse. Perhaps what we really shoul dhave is just displayname + databasename, and exclude the actual hostname?