Re: Creating Certificates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Creating Certificates
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 4:49 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:45:53AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > I'm not opposed to simplifying the instructions, however.
>
> Ok, attached is a proposal to simplify the instructions.

I am against this simplification for the reasons I stated in this
thread.

+1. While simpler, this is not necessarily better. It's a complicated topic, needs careful instructions.

Another option could be to have both -- that is, have the separate steps, but then a part that says "or you can combine the two steps into a single command like abcdeef". (Which I think Bruce also suggested in an earlier mail, if I understood what he meant)

//Magnus