Re: BUG #6687: initdb -A ident can almost never be correct - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #6687: initdb -A ident can almost never be correct
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM,  <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A06687
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0David Fetter
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0david@fetter.org
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.4
> Operating system: =A0 All
>
> When calling initdb -A, it is assumed--wrongly in the case of ident, that
> every method is valid for both local and network.

Um, what do you mean?

If I specify initdb -A, it gives me peer on local and ident on tcp, is
that not what you expected?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem completely.. What is
happening, and what are you expecting to happen?

--=20
=A0Magnus Hagander
=A0Me: http://www.hagander.net/
=A0Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/