Re: can not download mbox - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: can not download mbox
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 3:09 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 5/17/22 1:07 AM, Jian He wrote:

> Hi,
> It's seems not related to browsers. I tested on edge, firefox. I first
> filled in the credentials[1], submit it then it will prompt the login
> interface again[2].

Confirmed. Well, that's not good :(

We'll have to think of a different way to handle downloading the mbox files.

I have now implemented using community auth for download of mboxes and raw emails. Turns out that was *way* easier than I thought, since all the heavy lifting had already been done when we implemented email resending. Famous last words of course, but it looks like it's working.

I don't *think* we have the old auth method documented anywhere (I looked through pgweb and pgarchives repos), but if someone knows of some instructions that tell people to use that, they need to get updated!