Re: Wiki editor privileges - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Wiki editor privileges
Date
List pgsql-www

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Stephen Frost wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> * Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
> > I would like wiki editor privileges for the PostgreSQL wiki, my username is
> > D_gustafsson.
>
> I'm afraid the wiki system really doesn't like underscores in
> usernames, so this isn't the trivial change I was hoping it was.
>
> Magnus or Stefan, can one of you shed some light as to how we handle
> this case...?

We already tried this recently and we ended up asking the person to
create another account.

We should really just forbid underscores in community account names, I
think.

It would be easy enough to do that for new accounts. But before doing that we should probably figure out what other non-alphanumeric things that need to be locked. Other examples taht we have that could be a problem maybe, would be things like @,-,/,=%,,... And what about non-ascii names?