Re: [HACKERS] Considering Gerrit for CFs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Considering Gerrit for CFs
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> [moving to pgsql-www]
>

> On 07.02.2013 13:07, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I find the most annoying thing with the current process
>> being when reviewers post their reviews as a completely separate
>> thread, instead of replying in the original thread. This causes
>> context switches when parsing things, because now you have to jump
>> back and forth between the CF app and your mail reader.
>

> Yeah, that's annoying. The majordomo mailing list archive web interface
> actually has a "Mail me this message" button. I use that sometimes when I
> want to reply to an old mail. It re-sends the message, and I can then reply
> on that. The majordomo interface is quite cumbersome though; I wish
> archives.postgresql.org had such a button.

If only you had access to a pre-production branch of the archives code
sitting on my laptop :P

(Meaning yes, I've started on this, building on the new archives code)

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/