Re: PG 15 downloads - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PG 15 downloads
Date
List pgsql-www

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 10:40 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 at 09:32, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 17 Oct 2022, at 10:29, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> A couple of possible solutions that spring to mind:
>
> 1) Jonathan (or whoever is handling the release process) could ensure those pages are updated as part of the release push, but that would require confirmation from Sandeep or someone on the EDB team that the packages have been published and everything looks good.
>
> 2) We could database-ise the data in those tables, and then Sandeep could update that through the Django admin interface at the appropriate time. He does have access to a limited part of the admin interface already.

3) EDB publish an API endpoint with the available releases that pg.org consumes
and use to create the page?

That could also work, though I suspect it might be less than easy for me to get someone on the right team to build that any time soon.

Doesn't have to be an API of course. Just a static json file for example, which we could import at regular intervals. Similar to how we get the data for the yum and apt repos for example, just pulling it in somewhere else. We wouldn't want to poll something all the time and do it "live", just sync up at regular intervals.