Re: Fixing Google Search on the docs (redux) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Fixing Google Search on the docs (redux)
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 3:19 PM Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:

> > - Where a page has been removed entirely, mark the most recent version of it as the canonical one instead of the
/current/version).

> This seems like a significant advance on previous ideas. If we have
> enough meta data available to do this that would be a big win. I think
> it's rare that we remove information from a page but keep the same
> page. Generally things like recovery.conf would mean removing whole
> pages replacing them with new pages that document new functionality.

It's actually the other way around. We very seldom remove pages, but
more often change the information that's on them.

But yes, we definitely have the metadata to do that. It'll take some
SQL magic in the page generation I think, but luckily we know one or
two people who can write such things :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/