Difference between child_life_time and connection_life_time in pgPool - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Sumeet Shukla
Subject Difference between child_life_time and connection_life_time in pgPool
Date
Re: Difference between child_life_time and connection_life_time in pgPool
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

Can someone explain me the difference between child_life_time and connection_life_time parameters in pgpool-II version 3.3.10 (tokakiboshi)

I found below on web:
child_life_time: Life of a idle child process in seconds. This will prevent unwanted memory leaks or other problems.
connection_life_time: Life time for each idle connection in seconds. 0 means the life time is forever.

but I'm unable to understand the difference between idle child process and idle connection

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumeet Shukla
Ph. No. 860 000 6512