Re: [Pgbouncer-general] Again, problem with pgbouncer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnny Tan
Subject Re: [Pgbouncer-general] Again, problem with pgbouncer
Date
List pgsql-general

Since it started happening after reboot, I wonder if it's selinux related.

If you previously did "setenforce 0", that wouldn't persist across reboot.

On Oct 5, 2012 10:01 PM, "Phoenix Kiula" <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Wolf Schwurack <wolf@uen.org> wrote:
> You need to have a pgbouner directory in /var/log and have the owner pgbouncer. This is easy to test try creating a file in /var/log as the user pgbouncer. It should fail because pgbouncer does not have writer permissions to /var/log. As root create a directory /var/log/pgbouncer, change owner to pgbouncer. Set your parameter for pgbouncer.log to /var/log/pgbouncer. Then test by creating a file in /var/log/pgbouncer as user pgbouncer

Wolf, I think you missed the earlier posts in this thread. The
"/var/log/pgbouncer.log" already has those permissions.

Note this important fact: the same permissions have been working for
nearly 2 years.

Anyway, I created a directory:  /var/log/pgbouncer/, put the
pgbouncer.log file in it.

   chown -R pgbouncer:postgres /var/log/pgbouncer
   chown pgbouncer:postgres /var/log/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.log
   chmod 777 /var/log/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.log

As was already happening, pgbouncer starts. No problem.

It's now that I cannot connect to PSQL via pgbouncer (of course I can
connect to psql directly) because it fails with this error:

  psql: ERROR:  No such user: MYSITE_MYSITE

Which is weird, because that user does exist. Both inside the postgres
database when I do "\du" as you suggested, and of course in the
pgbouncer authfile too --

   >   chown pgbouncer:postgres /var/lib/pgsql/pgbouncer.txt

   > cat /var/lib/pgsql/pgbouncer.txt

   "MYSITE_MYSITE" "md5 pass"
   "MYSITE_MYSITE" "raw pass"
   "postgres" "md5fd6313191fec7887f88c31a85c43df21"

So now. What? Why is this otherwise very useful tool coded so poorly
that there's reams of such permissions and all of these threads
online? Would love to have some help or guidance.

Thanks.