Re: WIP: About CMake v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 4:25 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> BTW, I just noticed that cmake doesn't seem to be supplied as part of
> Apple's dev tools, at least not up to current (El Capitan) releases.
> That's going to be a rather large minus to be taken into account
> whenever we make the go/no-go decision on this.

Indeed. Now in order to test the patch on macos, one can depend on
brew's cmake. That's what I am doing.

I recall that a couple of releases before El Capitan (10.11), Lion and
Mountain Lion had a server edition that bundled Postgres natively.
Does this still exist for El Capitan? If yes, moving to cmake may
actually give an argument to those folks to begin to touch cmake and
integrate it natively... But as Apple is a fortress of secrecy that's
hard to tell.
--
Michael