Commit Fest 2014-12, Status after week 1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Commit Fest 2014-12, Status after week 1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I have been though the patches of the current CF, looking at their
related threads and updating each patch status if needed. After one
week in this CF, we have done progress on many patches, more than 2/3
of them getting some comments, reviews and/or refreshed versions.

Looking at the CF app for more details, we have the following numbers
showing up:
- Needs Review: 43
- Waiting on Author: 23
- Ready for Committer: 4
- Committed: 7
- Returned with Feedback: 1
The number of patches waiting on author is high meaning that many
reviewers showed up, but there is still much work to do in terms of
reviews.

Note that there are still 33 patches that do not have a reviewer
assigned in the CF app. In some cases, no people looked at them, but
in most of them some people punctually commented on them.

Hence, to continue the progress on this CF, be sure to do the following things:
- As a patch submitter, check your patch status. Resubmit or
counter-argue if necessary as you feel. If your patch reviewer is not
showing up, be sure to ping him/her. Don't forget to review as well
one patch per patch submitted, of equal difficulty if possible.
Looking at new areas of the code is highly recommended.
- As a patch reviewer, if the patch you are reviewing is on "waiting
on author" for a long time, be sure to ping the patch submitter.
- Enjoy Christmas and your vacations with your relatives and friends.
Regards,
--
Michael