Re: Declarative partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Declarative partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
On 2015-08-19 PM 09:23, Simon Riggs wrote:
> We'll need regression tests that cover each restriction and docs that
> match. This is not something we should leave until last. People read the
> docs to understand the feature, helping them to reach consensus. So it is
> for you to provide the docs before, not wait until later. I will begin a
> code review once you tell me docs and tests are present. We all want the
> feature, so its all about the details now.

Sorry, should have added tests and docs already. I will add them in the
next version of the patch.

Yes, those would be really good to have before any review so as it is possible to grasp an understanding of what this patch does. I would like to look at it as well more in depths.

Thanks for willing to review.

Really thanks for working on that! I am sure you are going to get a lot of feedback.
Regards,
--
Michael