Re: Mentioning CPU for Windows build in docs - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Mentioning CPU for Windows build in docs
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 06/02/2014 02:35 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:
>>
>> Official Windows build no longer uses nmake.
>> The binaries are built using MSBuild.
>> Please look at readme_winbuild.txt or winbuild/readme.txt.
> Huh? Really?
> Why did we switch? What's the advantage of MSBuild over nmake?
Well... If that counts I'd like to mention that I use nmake now for
windows builds... And not only for dev.

> The Win32 compilation instructions in the documentation need updating, if
> we're really going to switch to MSBuild..
Definitely, it would also be better to merge all the instructions for
compilation into a single place.
--
Michael