Re: BUG #8345: PostGre SQL database is crashing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #8345: PostGre SQL database is crashing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
> 2013/7/30  <arun.rh@gmail.com>:
> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Bug reference:      8345
> > Logged by:          Arun Kumar
> > Email address:      arun.rh@gmail.com
> > PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> > Operating system:   Linux kernel 2.6.29
> >
> > Currently we have ported PostGRE SQL database on to the Linux kernel
> 2.6.29
> > with Motorolla coldfire cross platform.
> > Version of PostgreSQL = 7.4.3.
>
> This version is very old, and there are exists lot of upgrade of
> 7.4.3, so please upgrade to last 7.4 version
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v7.4.30/ is probably last.

Yeah, also 7.4 is EOL for 4~5 years, so it is not anymore supported by the
community. By the way, a crash could have been caused for many reasons,
including failures at the filesystem level, or hardware level. So if you
first do not provide more information about the circumstances of the crash,
it will be difficult to make a diagnostic of your problems.

As Pavel said, also please consider upgrading.
--
Michael