Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 6:11 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 06/04/16 22:50, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> I have spent way too much time on this and don't have it working yet.
>> I'm setting up a sacrificial VM from scratch in a last ditch attempt to
>> get it working.
>>
>> Things to note so far:
>>
>>   * VS2015 appears to create version 12 solution files, not version 14,
>>     and the tools complained about version 14.
>>   * Windows git (the successor to msysGit) apparently no longer ships
>>     with bison and flex. So if you need those (i.e. to built from git,
>>     not tarball) you're probably going to need to install the MsysDTK
>>     even if you're not using its compiler.
>
> It's fun to set it up yes. I do have the machine with buildfarm client ready
> still (although now also traveling so slightly complicated to get to it) but
> I didn't activate it yet as I don't want it to just report failures forever.

Petr, did you actually try the patches I sent? I did my tests using
the community version of Visual Studio 2015 and a full install of it.
If I am the only able to make those working, well we surely have a
problem captain.
--
Michael