Re: Moving from 9.2 to 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Moving from 9.2 to 9.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:00 AM, Jayadevan M
<maymala.jayadevan@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I upgraded from 9.2 to 9.3, I copied the postgresql.conf and
> pg_hba.conf files form 9.2 installation and used those. Is that likely to
> cause any issues?
Since 9.2, unix_socket_directory has been renamed to
unix_socket_directories, and replication_timeout to
wal_sender_timeout. Except that, I don't recall anything that might
cause any compatibility problems for parameter names. Be sure to have
a look at the release notes for behaviors of parameters that have
changed like particularly work_mem (tuplesort and tuplestore memory
management):
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/release-9-3.html
--
Michael