Re: [GENERAL] could not fdatasync log file: Input/output error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [GENERAL] could not fdatasync log file: Input/output error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 11:47 PM, said assemlal <said.assemlal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just before we restart the server today, I found only one line as:
>
> PANIC:  could not fdatasync log file 000000010000017600000083: Input/output
> error
> the database system is in recovery mode

Ouch. I would not trust this host at this point, this looks like a
file system or a disk issue. Before doing anything you should stop the
database, and make a cold copy of the data folder on which you could
work on if you don't have a live backup. This wiki page is wise on the
matter:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Corruption
--
Michael