Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
>> Somewhat related to that, I don't believe there's any reason why commit
>> fest managers need to be committers; it seems like the job is really
>> just about reading through email activity to see where things are at.
>
> They don't need to be.

More thoughts on that. I would even think the contrary, someone who
has just monitored for 1/2 years -hackers and knowing how things are
handled would be able to do this job as well, the only issue being to
juggle with many threads at the same time, to be sure that each patch
status is correct, and to not lose motivation during the CF. The last
one is the hardest by far.
--
Michael