Re: multivariate statistics (v19) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: multivariate statistics (v19)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Attached is v19 of the "multivariate stats" patch series - essentially v18
> rebased on top of current master. Aside from a few bug fixes, the main
> improvement is addition of SGML docs demonstrating the statistics in a way
> similar to the current "Row Estimation Examples" (and the docs are actually
> in the same section). I've tried to keep the right amount of technical
> detail (and pointing to the right README for additional details), but this
> may need improvements. I have not written docs explaining how statistics may
> be combined yet (more about this later).

What we have here is quite something:
$ git diff master --stat | tail -n177 files changed, 12809 insertions(+), 65 deletions(-)
I will try to get familiar on the topic and added myself as a reviewer
of this patch. Hopefully I'll get feedback soon.
--
Michael