Re: pgrestore command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgrestore command
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Arun P.L <arunpl@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any chances for any performance issues with pg_restore when
> changing the servers, like openvz, xen, etc.?
You could expect a loss of 20% at I/O level by using a virtualized
environment compared to a physical server with similar hardware (rule
of thumb, number more or less general by experience). Then for
different hardwares, yes you will get performance differences...

> Will the server difference make the time of restore longer in this case?
Depends on the hardware, as well as on the environment used... It is
hard to tell without any details...
Regards,
--
Michael