Re: pgbench - allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgbench - allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers

<CAB7nPqQFnORG=LjDiGgD_hy_M00scx1ihn89QHx_1B9+3Vz7tQ@mail.gmail.com>
>> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
>> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> > Finally, PsqlScanState has four callback funcions and all pgbench
>> > needs to do to use it is setting NULL to all of them and link the
>> > object file in psql directory. No link switch/ifdef are necessary.
>>
>> Am I missing something? This patch is not registered in the CF app.
>> Horiguchi-san, if you expect feedback, it would be good to get it
>> there.
>
> Thank you very much Michael but the CF app doesn't allow me to
> regsiter new one.

That's perhaps a bit late I am afraid for this CF, we are at the end
of January already...

> Filling the Description field with "pgbench -
> allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts" and chose a
> topic then "Find thread" shows nothing. Filling the search text
> field on the "Attach thread" dialogue with the description or
> giving the exact message-id gave me nothing to choose.

Really? That's because the patch is marked as returned with feedback here:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/7/319/

> Maybe should I repost the patch so that the "Attach thread" can
> find it as a "recent" email?

What if you just add it to next CF with a new entry? You are actually
proposing an entirely new patch.
--
Michael