Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA
Date
Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 9 December 2014 at 12:21, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK. Perhaps that's not worth mentioning in the release notes, but some
>> users may be used to the old behavior. What about the other issues
>> (regression test for permissions incorrect and matviews)?
> Here is in any case an updated patch to fix all those things rebased
> on latest HEAD (ae4e688).
> Thanks,

I rewrote and applied this patch to ensure we didn't introduce further bugs.

Tests for the reindex part were rewritten from scratch also.

Rather unluckily that seems to have coincided with Tom's changes, so
I've only added the bits that have nothing to do with Tom's changes -
all of which stand.

Glad that things are in order now. I have nothing else left to complain about with this feature. Thanks.

(I just got going again after my flight back from Tokyo).
I understand going east makes one day longer :)
--
Michael