Re: pg_rewind in contrib - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_rewind in contrib
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> On 12/12/2014 04:20 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>>>
>>> Not sure if the copyright notices in the current form are actually ok?
>>

>> Hmm. We do have such copyright notices in the source tree, but I know that
>> we're trying to avoid it in new code. They had to be there when the code
>> lived as a separate project, but now that I'm contributing this to
>> PostgreSQL proper, I can remove them if necessary.
> Yep, it is fine to remove those copyright notices and to keep only the
> references to PGDG when code is integrated in the tree.
In any case, I have a couple of comments about this patch as-is:
- If the move to src/bin is done, let's update the MSVC scripts accordingly
- contrib/pg_rewind/.gitignore should be cleaned up from its unnecessary entries
- README is incorrect, it is still mentioned for example that this
code should be copied inside PostgreSQL code tree as contrib/pg_rewind
- Code is going to need a brush to clean up things of this type:

--
Michael