Re: Proposal: Trigonometric functions in degrees - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Proposal: Trigonometric functions in degrees
Date
Re: Proposal: Trigonometric functions in degrees  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Instinctively, it seems to me that we had better return Nan for the
> new asind and acosd when being out of range for OSX, Linux will
> complain about an out-of-range error so the code is right in this
> case.

This is still mentioned upthread btw. And it does not seem to be a
good idea to change this platform dependent behavior by throwing an
error on the old functions, neither does it seem user-friendly to have
inconsistent results for the XXX function and its XXXd equivalent.
--
Michael