Re: pg_reorg in core? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_reorg in core?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the argument for moving pg_reorg into core is "faster and easier"
> development, well I don't really buy that.

I don't see any problem in having pg_reorg in PGXN instead.

I've tried adding a META.json to the project and it seems working fine
with the pgxn client. It is together with other patches in my own
github fork.

https://github.com/dvarrazzo/pg_reorg/

I haven't submitted it to PGXN as I prefer the original author to keep
the ownership.
Thanks, I merged your patches with the dev branch for the time being.
It would be great to have some input from the maintainers of pg_reorg in pgfoundry to see if they agree about putting it in pgxn.
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com