Re: Re: BUG #13685: Archiving while idle every archive_timeout with wal_level hot_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Re: BUG #13685: Archiving while idle every archive_timeout with wal_level hot_standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On November 4, 2015 12:37:02 AM GMT+01:00, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>On a completely idle system, I don't think we should log any standby
>>records. This is what ~9.3 does.
>
> Are you sure? I think it'll around checkpoints, no? I thought Heikki had fixed that, but looking sound that doesn't
seemto be the case.

Er, yes, sorry. I should have used clearer words: I meant idle system
with something running nothing including internal checkpoints. An
instance indeed generates a XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS record before a
checkpoint record on an idle system.
--
Michael