Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 12/11/2014 02:12 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> While the CFs are still doing (1), support for (2) ended sometime in the
>> 9.3 development cycle.  Partly this is because current CFMs are not
>> permitted to take authoritative steps to ensure that the CF ends on
>> time, and partly it's because of the increase in big complicated patches
>> which just don't fit into the CF cycle.
>
> I don't see why you think CFMs are not "permitted" to close out a CF
> when they want to.  At least some of the fests have been closed out per
> calendar schedule, punting unprocessed patches to the next fest.  We've
> certainly utterly failed to do that since August, but I think that's
> mismanagement.

I love how you're willing to accuse Michael of mismangement when you
yourself have *never* run a CF.  If I was Michael, I'd quit right now.

Er, just to be clear, I was basically not the CF manager for the one that began in October. I just showed up because I had some hours left and things were not moving on for many patches. Now, and I think that nobody is volunteering, I am fine to be the next CF manager for the one beginning on Monday. That would help making things move on.
Regards,
--
Michael