Re: [HACKERS] [pgrpm-HACKERS]SPEC file for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [pgrpm-HACKERS]SPEC file for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
That

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to do a custom build (and generate binary and source RPM) package for PostgreSQL.

I know community already has a RPM package, but I am trying to do a custom build.

I am using attached SPEC file. But I am not able to get binary rpm. rpmbuild always gives me source rpm only. Is there anything wrong with my spec file?
After a quick glance at your spec, I am not seing any %files section.

The file I am using is very basic (since I am just starting with the process). Does community maintain an rpm SPEC file for PostgreSQL?
Can I get access to it?
Use for example this command to create a git repository of that:
git svn clone http://svn.pgrpms.org/repo/rpm/redhat
Or a simple svn command...

If I were you, I'd simply take the community spec and modify it for my needs, it is already really complete and contains automatic management of for example translation files, smth that is always a pain to maintain manually.

Regards,
--
Michael