Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Please check, expand information on xlog/wal changes - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Please check, expand information on xlog/wal changes
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org> wrote:
> All:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10
>
> Towards the bottom of that page, I had a detailed list of what's
> changing for the renaming of xlog to wal, et al.  We need to improve
> this in two areas:

Thanks for summarizing that.

> 1. what command-line programs have changed parameters?  I can't find
> that commit.

62e8b387. The wiki page is updated with that information.

> 2. did I capture all of the functions and directory/file renames?

You used pg_clog -> pg_commit_ts, but the new name is pg_xact. And the
fact that some views and functions had attribute renames. I have
updated the page with what I have found.
--
Michael