Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 12:31 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * David Steele (david@pgmasters.net) wrote:
>> On 10/4/16 1:48 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>
>> > So this is still open for votes. Here are the candidates and who
>> > voiced for what:
>> > - pg_transaction: Michael P, Thomas M. => Current 0002 is doing that.
>> > - pg_xact: David S, Robert
>> > - pg_trans: Tom
>> > - pg_transaction_status: Peter E.
>>
>> Christoph also prefers pg_xact [1].
>
> Since we're asking for votes, I also prefer pg_xact over the other
> options listed here.

OK. I can live with that as well. Attached are three patches. The
pg_xlog -> pg_wal move, the pg_clog -> pg_transaction move, and the
pg_clog -> pg_xact move. Only one survivor to be chosen among the last
two ones.
--
Michael

Attachment