Re: amcheck (B-Tree integrity checking tool) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: amcheck (B-Tree integrity checking tool)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 2:40 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Heroku began a selective roll-out of amcheck yesterday. amcheck
> already found a bug in the PostGiS Geography B-Tree opclass:
> [...]
> I'll go report this to the PostGiS people.

Cool. I have been honestly wondering about deploying this tool as well
to allow some of the QE tests to perform live checks of btree indexes
as we use a bunch of them. By the way, I have not looked at the patch,
but this supports just btree, right? Wouldn't btree_check be a better
name, or do you think that the interface you provide is generic enough
that it could be extended in the future for gin, gist, etc.?
--
Michael