Re: [BUGS] BUG #14866: The generated constraint in the typed tablecauses the server to crash - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14866: The generated constraint in the typed tablecauses the server to crash
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> All in all, I would be more on board with just issuing errors when
> trying to attempt typed table creation with identity columns and
> partitions for now, by complaining with a
> ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED. Any person willing to add this support
> later on could always provide a patch for it, I am now rather
> convinced that what I proposed upthread is not the correct way to do
> so, and there is no rush in implementing it correctly for v11 or even
> later.
>
> Peter, Robert, Amit, thoughts?

And this gives the attached. That still looks like the safest thing to
do for now on v10 and HEAD after more thoughts.
--
Michael