Re: pg_lesslog - status? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_lesslog - status?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> wrote:
Does anyone know where this stands?
pg_lesslog has been created initially by Koichi Suzuki at NTT, and as far as I know, nobody is maintaining this project there.

I used this a while back in the 8.x days but had a serious bug problem with it -- which was later fixed.

The latest checks I can find say it was updated for 9.0, but that leaves open the question as to whether it functions correctly with the current release.
I recommend that you do some experiments before using it in production. I am not even sure that the code can compile since 9.1.

There's no status update on the pgfoundry page indicating activity or testing with the current releases.
Yes, and I have not heard about plans to extend this tool with new features.
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com