Re: BUG #12904: Installation postgres fails when Windows user name contains spaces - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #12904: Installation postgres fails when Windows user name contains spaces
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 5:46 PM, <jurgen.soenen@gmail.com> wrote:

> After some investigation, it seemed that the installation failed because we
> were using a Windows user with spaces in its name.
> Once we used a windows user without spaces in its name, everything worked
> smoothly

I would think that you faced the same issue as here, the installer using
the in-core install.bat to install the binaries:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAB7nPqSoxVaOGw9t4NCGX3PJT4ruXstcVnh6RvZGa7w7eFU0HA@mail.gmail.com#CAB7nPqSoxVaOGw9t4NCGX3PJT4ruXstcVnh6RvZGa7w7eFU0HA@mail.gmail.com
Hopefully this will get a backpatch.
--
Michael