Re: Diff of this page with other version - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marcos Pegoraro
Subject Re: Diff of this page with other version
Date
List pgsql-www
Em dom., 3 de mar. de 2024 às 17:26, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> escreveu:

I think your proposal is a reasonable idea and a very convenient service
for users ... but there's zero chance that committers are going to
accept the additional work and the resulting uglification of the
document source.

If it can be done by post-processing the XML and finding the
differences, to automatically insert some markup that lets the UI show
the differences as you suggest, then we can discuss ways to integrate
that.

I understand your point but cannot imagine a tool that does all those points I've detailed.
And about uglification of document source, what I propose is just another internal tag
for each version. same way you use <command>, <literal>, etc, you would use <v15>,
<v16> and so on, just that. So I don't think it is a uglification of document source.

Version 15:
  <para>
   You must own the schema to use <command>ALTER SCHEMA</command>.
   To rename a schema you must also have the
   <literal>CREATE</literal> privilege for the database.
   To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or
   indirect member of the new owning role, and you must have the
   <literal>CREATE</literal> privilege for the database.
   (Note that superusers have all these privileges automatically.)
  </para>
 </refsect1>
Version 16:
  <para><v16>
   You must own the schema to use <command>ALTER SCHEMA</command>.
   To rename a schema you must also have the
   <literal>CREATE</literal> privilege for the database.
   To alter the owner, you must be able to <literal>SET ROLE</literal> to the
   new owning role, and that role must have the
   <literal>CREATE</literal> privilege for the database.
   (Note that superusers have all these privileges automatically.)
  </v16></para>
 </refsect1>