Re: Postgres 9.1 client authentication for local, no password required? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Wujek Srujek
Subject Re: Postgres 9.1 client authentication for local, no password required?
Date
Re: Postgres 9.1 client authentication for local, no password required?  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
List pgsql-admin
Yes, pgAdmin is pretty much the only thing I use after initially installing and setting the password for the 'postgres' user.
When does it do it? How did I trigger that?

wujek

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 22:00 +0100, Wujek Srujek wrote:
> Hi. Yes, there is such a file, and yes, it is the 'special' thing I was
> looking for. Thanks you very much for the tip, I did some reading about it.
> Who created this feature for me? Could it be the ubuntu installation
> process?

No, I don't think so. The only tool who can create this file is pgAdmin.
At least, that's the only tool I know :) Did you use it?