Re: postgres for OLAP & data mining - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henry Drexler
Subject Re: postgres for OLAP & data mining
Date
List pgsql-general
Are you looking for stuff like this?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/functions-string.html

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Dario Beraldi <dario.beraldi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for some information (guidelines, docs, tutorials, etc...) about using postgres for OLAP, data mining, data warehousing. The sort of questions I'm trying to answer are on the lines of
- What tools/SQL commands are available?
- How should postgres be configured?
- How suitable is postgres for these tasks (compared to other databases)?

I have done some Google search but I would appreciate any advice/hint from more experienced users.

Many thanks in advance!

Dario