[pgadmin-hackers] Results screen/Data output work - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Robert Eckhardt
Subject [pgadmin-hackers] Results screen/Data output work
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
All,

I was looking at the mailing list this morning and realized that we had been remiss in discussing what we (Pivotal) are working on.

The primary chunk of work we are doing it to get The data output window to behave similarly to how it behaves in pgAdmin3. Specifically we want users to be able to drag highlight copy and paste, or select a cell and use key board shortcuts to expand or shrink what is selected.

This work should be coming in as a few patches or patch sets.
  1. enable the ability to select columns in the query output
  2. enable drag and select in the query output
  3. Output selection modified by Shift+direction keyboard shortcuts
    • This increases or decreases the area selected by one unit
  4. Output selection modified by cmd-Shift+direction keyboard shortcuts
    • This increases or decreases the area selected to the end of the array
When we get to the point of having a technical approach we will update the mailing list to discuss.

-- Rob