Re: Can we do something to help stop users mistakenly using force_parallel_mode? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Can we do something to help stop users mistakenly using force_parallel_mode?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 at 00:05, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> I pushed the rename patch earlier.
>
> How should we go about making contact with the owners?

After a quick round of making direct contact with the few remaining
buildfarm machine owners which are still using force_parallel_mode,
we're now down to just one remainder (warbler).

In preparation for when that's ticked off, I'd like to gather people's
thoughts about if we should remove force_parallel_mode from v16?

My thoughts are that providing we can get the remaining animal off it
and remove the GUC alias before beta1, we should remove it.  Renaming
the GUC to debug_parallel_query was entirely aimed at breaking things
for people who are (mistakenly) using it, so I don't see why we
shouldn't remove it.

Does anyone feel differently?

David