Sequence moves forward when failover is triggerred - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Chambers
Subject Sequence moves forward when failover is triggerred
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey All,

We used the linked guide to setup streaming replication.

When testing the failover procedure, we noticed that when the new master comes up, some sequences have moved forward (by between 30 and 40).  I see there's a "cache" option when creating the sequence but we're not using that.

Is this to be expected?

Thanks,
Andy

--
Andy Chambers
Software Engineer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message. Thank you.