Upgrade postgresql from 9.1 to 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Sohel Tamboli
Subject Upgrade postgresql from 9.1 to 9.6
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my postgresql database from version 9.1 to 9.6 using pg_upgrade utility.
I have started this activity with 6 threads and running with no issues but I can see only 2 active threads of pg_upgrade  when checked on OS using "ps -ef| grep pg_upgrade" which might slow down my upgrade process.
Is there any limit of adding jobs in "-j" parameter in pg_upgrade utility?
Or is there any settings that I need to configure in postgresql.conf file?

Below are the configuration of my server:
OS : Amazon Linux
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 16
DB size : 5 TB
Upgrade utility : pg_upgrade
Jobs: 6
Issue : only 2 threads of pg_upgrade are active

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
Sohel