PGXS testing upgrade paths - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James Coleman
Subject PGXS testing upgrade paths
Date
List pgsql-hackers
If there's a better list than this, please let me know, but I figured
hackers is appropriate since the extension building infrastructure is
documented in core.

While working on an in-house extension I realized that while PGXS
provides the standard regression test infrastructure, I'm not aware of
an automatic or standard way to test all upgrade paths provided by the
extension.

Is there something I'm missing? Or an approach people like (I suppose
the simplest way would be "manually" executing the upgrade files in a
regress test, but that seems tedious).

Thanks,
James