Re: Successor of MD5 authentication, let's use SCRAM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: Successor of MD5 authentication, let's use SCRAM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Does Debian they create a self-signed certificate? If so, count me as
> unimpressed. I'd argue that's worse than doing nothing. Here's what the docs
> say (rightly) about such certificates:

Debian will give you a self signed certificate by default.  Protecting
against passive eavesdroppers is not an inconsiderable benefit to get
for "free", and definitely not a marginal attack technique: it's
probably the most common.

For what they can possibly know about the end user, Debian has it right here.

--
fdr