Re: Unarchived WALs deleted after crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: Unarchived WALs deleted after crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 15 February 2013 17:07, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>
>>> Unfortunately in HEAD, xxx.done file is not created when restoring
>>> archived
>>> file because of absence of the patch. We need to implement that first.
>>

>> Ah yeah, that thing again..
>> (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/50DF5BA7.6070200@vmware.com) I'm going
>> to forward-port that patch now, before it's forgotten again. It's not clear
>> to me what the holdup was on this, but whatever the bigger patch we've been
>> waiting for is, it can just as well be done on top of the forward-port.
>
> Agreed. I wouldn't wait for a better version now.

Related to this, how is this going to affect point releases, and are
there any lingering doubts about the mechanism of the fix?  This is
quite serious given my reliance on archiving, so unless the thinking
for point releases is 'real soon' I must backpatch and release it on
my own accord until then.

Thanks for the attention paid to the bug report, as always.

--
fdr